Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Down on the Farm!

 I loved creating this one and putting it all together!  Two year old Malia was having a farmyard themed party and I was asked to make a cake to fit the theme!  I was happy to hear how much the birthday girl liked it!
 As with other cakes I've done, I got a little carried away with the details, but they're what make it so fun and give the cake a bit of character! I was also happy to find the bit of gingham ribbon I'd hoped I still had, it added the finishing touch!



The only criteria for this cake was that it have a barn, pigs rolling in the mud, ducks swimming in the pond and Malia's name and age.   

 This cake is completely edible.  The bottom tier and the barn were both chocolate cake, while the top tier was white.  All barnyard animals and other details were made of fondant.
ee-i-ee-i-o!

1 comment:

  1. This is now my favourite cake. it's SO awesome. LOVE the detail and you're right, it's the detail that makes it come alive. Great job on all the animals, they're so cute I couldn't eat them.

    ReplyDelete