Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Different Sort of Slab!

If you know me, you know that when it comes to cakes, I don't really do basic and I certainly don't do generic!  When it comes to slab cakes, I like to make them stand out a little and not be your standard rectangle with flowers piped around the corners (not that there's anything wrong with that, I've enjoyed many a slice of slab over the years)!!! 
 These are two recent slabs I did for farewell parties.  Both were for men so I wanted them to have a more masculine look.  The invitation for the party for the top cake featured a sillouette of a man giving a toast. I decided to incorporate that into the cake.  It was simple but I think the black sillouette really made it stand out! 
This cake was also for a farewell party.  It was for someone moving up in their career which, if you hadn't guessed, took them to Stratford!  The invitation for this one featured red drapes, which I thought would really stand out.  I included the harlequin pattern around the sides to tie in the theatre theme!  Break a leg Larry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment