Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Sunny 40th!


This was such a fun cake to do!  It was for a surprise 40th birthday party!  The birthday girl found out at her party that she would be going on a trip to Mexico the following week, so it was nice that the cake tied in with a trip to the sunny south!  When I was asked to make this cake, I was provided with several of Sheri's favourite things, which were all incorporated into the cake.  Aside from the beach, sun, sand and tiki hut, I was told that Sheri loves music and attending concerts.  I asked what her favourite concert was and was told ACDC!  Wow, how to incorporate that into a beach themed cake!  I decided on a beach towel, spread out in the sand outside the tiki hut!  I
heard that Sheri was quite pleased with it!  Sheri likes a good pina colada as well (who doesn't), so I determined that I would make the tiniest pina colada ever...and it worked!  A tiny coconut, filled with white icing and topped with a miniature umbrella!  Birds of Paradise are Sheri's favourite flower, so these were a feature of the cake!  What a bright and cheery way to celebrate such a special occasion!  Happy Birthday Sheri!

No comments:

Post a Comment