Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Cohen!!!

Once again I had the priviledge of making my nephew's birthday cake!  The little man and his parents live far enough away that we only get to see them a couple of times a year, so getting to make his birthday cake is quite special!  Cohen loves elephants and my sister (his mother) loves the turquoise and red colour combination, this being the resulting cake!  Cohen's Mommy had emailed the image below with the hopes that I could make it into a cake.
I was happy that it all worked out for the birthday boy and his mother.  I know she is trying to take advantage of the first few birthdays where she has control over the choice of cake!  The cake was a chocolate with raspberry filling, covered in buttercream and finished in fondant.  Cohen enjoyed part of the balloon, which was a miniature chocolate cake!
The cuteness of this cake just screamed for some polka dots, so polka dot ribbon around the cake board was the finishing touch!  Happy birthday Coey Bear, love you heaps! xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment