Monday, January 9, 2012

Mad Hatter Tea Party

 
 Back in the fall I was asked to make cupcakes to go with a Mad Hatter themed tea party.  Mai Memories Photography took the beautiful photos on a lovely fall day!  I decided to go with a vanilla
buttermilk cupcake 
topped with a basic buttercream.  My focus went into making the various fondant decorations for the cupcakes.  These included a mad hatter hat, hearts, toadstools, teacup, clock and enormous Cheshire Cat smile!  Small fondant flowers to match the bright colour theme were also used as accents. I loved making these cupcakes and was thrilled with the photos taken my Mai!  The adorable models wore fashions by Sassy Bug Boutique.  The feather headpieces and petticoat skirts that Kyle of Sassy Bug put together, were perfect for the funky tea party in the woods! 


No comments:

Post a Comment