Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tinkerbell!!!

 When I was asked to make a Tinkerbell cake for a lovely friend's beautiful daughter, I was so excited and bursting with ideas!  Peter Pan was the first movie I ever saw at the theatre way back when, so anything associated with it holds a special place for me!  This was actually a three tier, as the flower that Tink is sitting in is a jumbo cupcake!  The cake is iced in buttercream and all accents are fondant.  As I've commented before, I like to be a "purist"  in my cake making and to have everything edible.  On occasion, however, it's necessary to bend the rules a little for the sake of the cake!  I tossed around the idea of making a little Tink out of fondant or gumpaste but really didn't think I would do her justice.  I found this Tink candle which worked perfectly to top off the cake!!! 
It doesn't really show in these pictures but I covered the cake in a light dusting of "Pixie dust" (edible glitter).  That was the finishing touch!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment