Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy 103rd Grandma!!!


It's hard to know what to get your amazing and beautiful Grandmother when she turns 103, so I stuck with the old standby, cake!  My incredible cousin planned a lovely afternoon tea for Grandma and most of her girls!  I was asked to make the cake and I couldn't wait to make another teapot!  Along with the fact that it was an afternoon tea, Grandma is a real "tea granny", so it seemed quite fitting!    Grandma likes her tea with lemon and anything lemon flavoured is always a winner with her!  This cake was five layers of lemon cake with vanilla buttercream and lemon curd alternated between the layers.  The "103" teabag tag is my favourite little detail on this one!  The cake was covered in buttercream with all accents made of either fondant or gumpaste.  I think the blue, silver and white has a classy look, perfect for Grandma, one of my favourite people in the world! 
Grandma with one of her youngest great great grandchildren,
adorable Kaydan!
It was a very nice afternoon spent with many wonderful women, all celebrating the birth of a truly remarkable woman!  Here's to all your birthday wishes coming true Grandma, a.k.a. G.G.!!!
xoxoxo   


No comments:

Post a Comment