Monday, March 21, 2011

If you know what Bakugan is, this should look a little familiar!


When the birthday boy's mom mentioned that he liked Bakugan, I started to think of how I could make this popular children's toy out of cake.  I decided to make it look like the Bakugan symbol, rather than a 3-D toy, and this is what I came up with.  For those of you not familiar with Bakugan, it's a little ball type toy that opens into some sort of creature (like a dragon) when it's rolled.  (That's the best I can do for an explanation, it's a little tricky to describe!).  As I was making it, I started to think of it as painting and really enjoyed working with the colours!  I also appreciated that I did not have to make it look perfect and flawless!  All of the red is done with fondant, while the rest is buttercream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment