Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Elmo in Pink!

 This cute cake was made for 2 year old Lily's birthday!  Lily's mom let me know that Lily is a big fan of Elmo and that she is also a real fan of pink!  I have such a new found appreciation for combining red and pink!  I also thought I'd pull out the orange of Elmo's nose and incorporate that throughout the cake!  The cake was vanilla buttermilk with raspberry filling.  It was covered in vanilla buttercream with Elmo and all other accents made of fondant.  The cake was 4 layers high, giving it a little more gusto!  I had a lot of fun doing this one!  Lily's mom thought she would like some chocolate cupcakes to go along with the cake!  She'd mentioned cupcake toppers, which I don't typically use, however, I saw these online and they were so cute, I thought they'd be perfect!  I soon found out that these were nowhere to be found and that they have to be ordered online.  I ended up calling my very talented graphic designer cousin, who was able to print the images for me.  Some paper, ribbon and cake pop sticks were all I needed to finsish them off!  Hope you had a very Happy Birthday Lily!!!

1 comment:

  1. great job as always heidi! glad i could be of assistance. I noticed you did the "2" on the cake in the same font I used on the toppers - nice tie-in!!

    ReplyDelete