Thursday, January 3, 2013

Angel Wing and Clouds

I wasn't sure where to begin when I was asked to make a 50th birthday cake for a woman who is really into angels.  Her sister requested the cake and admittedly advised that her sister is very different than she is and so she had nothing else to suggest. I didn't want the cake to look tacky or too childlike but mature and classy.  The other challenge was that the cake had to withstand a car ride to Montreal for a party three days later.  I decided to go with a single tier covered in fondant to withstand the trip and maintain as much freshness as possible.  Using white fondant I formed a single angel wing and tinged the tips with gold.  The clouds were an interesting technique I found online that actually worked!  I acheived the look I was going for and was thrilled to receive a report afterwards that the cake made it to Montreal, was fresh and made the birthday girl cry!!!  That's what I like to hear!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment